Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Barefoot Running Form

Since running barefoot goes against everything you have ever learned about healthy exercise, you are thinking the same thing I did when I first read about this, “this guy is crazy.” So let me point something out right away, you don’t land on your heel (calcaneus). You land just before the ball of your foot, (metatarsal-phalangeal joint) and then roll over the ball of your foot. When you land, your ankle will tighten and with the arch of your foot will act as a natural shock absorber. Your heel only slightly touches the ground. At the point where you would place all your weight on your heel, you begin lifting your foot again. This is why there is almost no impact on your joints. Trust me why I say my knees where in worst condition than yours. Now they are stronger than they have ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment