Monday, August 24, 2009

Week Five

The blisters I got in week two have finally healed, thank you Body Glide.

Over the weekend I went with the family to the mountains. I wore some nice hiking boots that go up to my mid-calf. Numerous times during any hike, I will roll my ankle and the only thing stopping me from a bad sprain is the boot. Not this time. Any time I stepped on a rock that made my ankle roll, my new found strength stopped my ankle before I put any stress on the boot.

I’m finding it harder and harder to wear shoes especially after I run. It’s like my feet are rebelling and saying, “hey, we had a good thing going here, what are you doing?” I will start to get some minor pains in my ankles. As soon as I take my shoes off and walk around the house some, the pain goes away. The same goes for when I run after wearing shoes all morning. I have some aches in my ankles but they disappear after the first minute of running barefoot.

Since I live in Colorado and don’t want to loose my toes from frostbite this winter, I will begin the search for new shoes to wear outside that will not hurt my ankles and keep my feet warm. For decades my focus on shoes was how they would make my back feel. Those concerns are gone with my newly aligned spine and stronger core. If anyone has gone through this same process and found that perfect pair of shoes, let me know what you have found.

No comments:

Post a Comment