Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why I Run Barefoot

At first, when people asked me why I ran barefoot, I couldn’t keep my answer to less than 2 hours. I went on about how we are designed to run, muscles, joint pain and on and on and on. It would usually end with someone yelling out, “no more beer for this guy.”

So I started this blog and told people, “If you really want to know, check out my blog. You can read all you want or just nod your head politely like you intend to read it but really won’t.” Even then I had a hard time condensing my answer to under fifteen minutes.

Finally, I have it down to one short sentence.

“Why do you run barefoot?”

“It eliminated my knee pain.”

That’s it. If they have follow up questions, I point them to my blog. If they continue to be interested, I usually fall into my two hour monologue that includes sections of interpretive dance and a drum circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment