Sunday, August 23, 2009

Leather Feet

I would like to hear from other BF runners about leathering up their feet.

The soles of my feet are leathering up pretty good. I've been BF running (No VFF's) 3 to 4 miles a day on grass and 1 mile on concrete and asphalt. Gravel and thorny weeds are not a problem for me. But, the heat on the concrete and asphalt make my feet rather sore at the end of my hard surface mile. Even as my soles get thicker this soreness does not seem to get better.

The other issues I have are tiny pebbles. When I run on the sidewalks and streets, one or two of these little rocks will stick to my feet and work their way into into my skin. I can't just brush my feet on the ground; I have to stop and pull them out.

Am I the only one this is happening to? Is this how it is for all you other BF runners and I should just get used to it? Or, will it eventually go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment